And do you have an interest in international reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for.
We are currently looking for an Organisational & Financial Management Officer to support the management team in Kampala, Uganda through an internship.
The Organisational & Financial Management Officer will be in charge of:
- Supporting the development & execution of the organisational capacity building & training plan
- Supporting the finance and project teams with budgeting, accounting, consistent application of guidelines and other finance processes
- Supporting development of organisational documents, including templates, policies, and guidelines, getting inputs from relevant teams, processing Board approvals and training team members on their application
- Supporting the recruitment process of new volunteers and employees
- Supporting the application process for special passes and work permits
- Ensuring that the risk management register is updated and that employees and interns receive training in risk management
- Supporting the Finance and Office Management teams on ground
- Supporting partner relations and donor visits where relevant
- Participating in finance and management meetings on a weekly basis
- Other tasks when needed
Qualifications & skills
- Graduate student or graduate intern with relevant academic background in finance, HR, business administration, international development and management or similar field
- Strong analytical and writing skills, experience with information management, excellent written/oral English and communication skills
- Creative, proactive, flexible and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, strong problem-solving skills, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, and timely delivery of tasks
- Experience in working/living in a development setting independently.
- Positive, supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills and thrive on working in teams
- Working in a strategic & visionary organisation
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience with organisational & financial management
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
- Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organisations and with our international network of volunteers and staff members
- International network through WoMena’s diverse team of +80 staff & volunteers from +15 countries.
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
- See our website for what previous colleagues had to say about this position & working with WoMena!
- 6-12 months full-time internship in Uganda from July 2019.
- Interns are expected to cover their own travel, visa and living expenses, while WoMena will cover all project-related expenses.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. Please submit your application by 5:00 PM EAT on 15th May 2019. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability and motivation for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, and a list of three professional references.
We look forward to receiving your application!