And do you have an interest in international reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for.
We are currently looking for an Organisational and Financial Management intern to support the management team in Kampala, Uganda.
The Organisational and Financial Management intern will be in charge of:
- Ensuring that the risk management register is updated on a biannual basis and ensuring that new employees and interns receive training in risk management
- Supporting the finance and project teams with budgeting, accounting, consistent application of guidelines and other finance processes
- Supporting development of organisational documents, including templates, policies, and guidelines, getting inputs from relevant teams, processing Board approvals and training team members on their application
- Supporting the recruitment process of new volunteers and employees
- Support the application process for special passes and work permits
- Supporting the Finance and Office Management teams on ground
- Supporting partner relations and donor visits where relevant
- Participating in finance and management meetings on a weekly basis
- Other tasks when needed
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience with HR and finance management
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
- Experience in collaborating with local and international partner organisations and with our international network of volunteers and staff members
- International network
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
Qualifications and skills:
- Graduate student or graduate intern with relevant academic background in finance, HR, business administration, international development and management or similar field
- Strong analytical and writing skills, experience with information management, excellent written/oral English and communication skills
- Creative, proactive, flexible and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, strong problem-solving skills, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, and timely delivery of tasks
- Experience in working/living in a development setting independently.
- Positive, supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills and thrive on working in teams
- 6-12 months internship in Uganda from January 2019.
- Interns are expected to cover their own travel, visa and living expenses, while WoMena will cover all project-related expenses.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. Please submit your application by 5:00 PM EAT on 16th November 2018. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability and motivation for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references.
We look forward to receiving your application!