And do you have an interest in international reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for.
We are currently looking for a Research and Project Management Officer (RPMO) intern to support the implementation and evaluation of menstrual cup research and projects in Uganda. The main tasks will involve research design, coordinating data collection and project management including community outreaches, training and advocacy.
The Research and Project Management Officer (RPMO) will work on:
- Supporting research proposal writing processes
- Planning and supporting data collection and management, including programming of electronic data collection tools for a refugee menstrual health research project as well as several training projects with help and inputs from other WoMena team members
- Training and assisting in the management of research assistants
- Collating, analysing and interpreting research findings and M&E data for internal and external communication purposes
- Managing relationships and communication between partners on research projects
- Supporting on project management activities related to a refugee menstrual health research project as well as other projects
- Other tasks when needed
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience with research and project management within interesting development settings
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
- Experience in collaborating with local and international partner organisations and with our international network of volunteers and staff members
- International network
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
Qualifications and skills
- Graduate student or graduate intern with relevant academic background e.g. public health, international development, international relations, project management or similar field
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and/or research, preferably in a developing setting
- Experience in electronic data collection methodologies and management
- Experience with implementation of (development) projects and project management
- Strong analytical and report writing skills, experience with information management, excellent written/oral English and communication skills
- Creative, proactive and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, strong problem-solving skills, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, and timely delivery of tasks
- Experience in working/living in a development setting independently.
- Positive, supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills and thrive on working in teams
- 6-12 months internship in Uganda from July 2018.
- Interns are expected to cover their own travel, visa and living expenses, while WoMena will cover all project-related expenses.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. Please submit your application by 5:00 PM EAT on 11th May 2018. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability and motivation for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references.
We look forward to receiving your application!