And do you have an interest in supporting girls and women’s development? Then you might be who we are looking for!
We are expanding our training team and we are therefore looking for new trainers. Our trainers are responsible for successfully training our target groups on reusable menstrual products and other MHM methods and skills, as well as carrying out research activities related to our projects. Our training team consists of competent trainers of both sexes and of different backgrounds.
- Train various groups (such as school children, community leaders, refugees, or NGO partners) on reusable menstrual products, MHM and sexual reproductive health
- Carry out other awareness and demand creation activities
- Conduct research activities such as interviews, questionnaires, focus group discussions and facility assessments
- Write training and research reports
- Other relevant tasks that may come up
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation
- An opportunity to travel across Uganda and get strong hands-on experience with reproductive health training in development and humanitarian settings
- Experience in collaborating with local and international partner organisations and with our international network of volunteers and staff members
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
WoMena trainers are expected to attend regular internal trainings and briefings at WoMena Uganda office in Ntinda, Kampala (transport costs will be covered) and to travel to different sites in Kampala, as well as upcountry to conduct trainings and research activities. The positions are part time, depending on availability and interest of trainers. Flexibility on working hours is required. Our trainers are volunteers, however an allowance will be provided per training conducted and expenses such as transport and lunch will be compensated as according to relevant WoMena policies.
Qualifications and skills:
- Ugandan national
- Relevant academic or professional background e.g. training, medicine, public health, social work, international development, or similar field
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Fluency in English and Luganda (other Ugandan languages a plus)
- Demonstrates understanding of training principles and/or has experience of training or public speaking
- Knowledge on (or interest to learn about) MHM and reusable menstrual products
- Commitment to continuous learning: Interested in learning new things to improve own/organisational efficiency
- Open and flexible personality, and non-judgemental mind-set
- Positive and supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills and thrive on working in teams
- Experience of working with people from different backgrounds is an advantage
- Experience of working in development or within humanitarian context is an advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their applications via email to email@example.com addressed to Training Coordinator.
Please submit your application by midnight 6th December 2017. This application must include: One pager cover letter explaining your interests and suitability for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references. NOTE: Only soft copy applications will be considered.