Passionate about SRHR and Menstrual Health?
Join the WoMena training team and help deliver comprehensive trainings to girls, women, boys, and men across Uganda.
Position title: WoMena Trainer
Reports to: M&E Coordinator
Secondary reporting lines: Technical Coordinator
Location: WoMena Uganda Office/in the field
Hours: Dependent on training. Work on weekends will occasionally be required.
Remuneration: 50,000 UGX per day of training and/or training activity with per diem
WoMena (www.womena.dk) is an NGO consisting of public health, development and social science professionals with expertise in reproductive health. WoMena Uganda supports the implementation of evidence-based, effective reproductive health technologies and solutions, and is currently focused on menstrual health management (MHM) and menstrual cups (MCs). Since 2012, WoMena has worked on menstrual health research and interventions in Uganda, supporting the introduction of menstrual cups and reusable pads in 100+ sites, distributed menstrual cups and reusable pads to more than 10,000 Ugandan schoolgirls and women, and trained 16,000+ girls, boys, women, men, health workers and community members in Uganda about sexual, reproductive and menstrual health and Hygiene management (MHH).
The trainer, with the guidance and support of the M&E Coordinator, will carry out sexual reproductive health, menstrual health management, menstrual cup and reusable pad training as part of WoMena projects and partnerships. The responsibilities also include data collection and entry, refresher training, follow up visits, training reports and other tasks such as demand creation activities and related data. The prime responsibilities of the WoMena Trainer are to keep updated on the training curriculums as well as participate in internal training for capacity building and development to be able carry out training in accordance with WoMena’s mission, vision and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively conduct training and participate in WoMena internal Trainings.
- Data collection.
- Data entry
- Assist co-trainer when needed.
- Communicate with training facilitators and beneficiaries for training and follow-ups
Training Preparation and Follow-up (15%):
- Support the M&E Coordinator in preparations for training following the training checklist; flipcharts, training materials, print/handouts, arrange for transport or other tasks.
- Participate in self-development activities, including internal training, online courses, keep updated on latest news on menstrual hygiene and menstrual cups etc.
- Support with training and research/project reports
Other Activities (15%):
- Conduct data collection activities such as interviews, questionnaires, focus group discussions and facility assessments
- Carry out other awareness and demand creation activities
- Participate in meetings and conferences as a WoMena representative
- Documenting activities by writing reports and awareness raising and funding context, taking photos and ensuring consent forms are duly signed
- Liaise with communications team and provided updates were need be
- Other relevant tasks that may come up
- Provide WoMena Financial accountabilities
Deliverables and frequency:
- Training reports after every training activity
- Preparation of training evaluation tools prior to training activities
- Document success stories during project activities
- Performance assessments (biannually)
Qualifications and skills:
- Ugandan national
- Relevant academic or professional background e.g. training, medicine, public health, social work, international development, or similar field
- Has experience of training or public speaking and demonstrates understanding of training principles
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Fluency in English and other Ugandan languages a plus
- Knowledge on (or interest to learn about) MHM and reusable menstrual products
- Commitment to continuous learning: Interested in learning new things to improve own/organisational efficiency
- Open and flexible personality, and non-judgemental mind-set
- Positive and supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills and thrive on working in teams
- Experience of working with people from different backgrounds is an advantage
- Experience of working in development or within humanitarian context is an advantage
Respects and sets an example regarding WoMena Core Competencies:
- Problem solving & decision-making: Proactive, strong problem solver and good at taking initiative to get the job done.
- Planning, organising & coordination: Independent planning and prioritisation of tasks.
- Teamwork: Supportive, positive team player, respectful of others work and good at recognizing others achievements.
- Focus on impact & long-term vision: Plans and conducts their work to achieve the desired impact, understands the mission of the organisation and how it relates to each task.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Interested in learning new things to improve own/organisational efficiency.
- The WoMena Trainer will be expected to show up for planned activities
- Travel to project sites elsewhere in Uganda and potentially in other East African countries
- Interaction between international and national WoMena colleagues happens via regular office meetings, Skype, our internal Facebook page, mails, WhatsApp, phone calls and other meetings.
- Other conditions as stated in the volunteer agreement.
Application Timeline: Applicants are expected to start as soon as possible.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. Please submit your application by 5:00 PM EAT on 30th September 2021. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered, and due to high volumes of applicants, WoMena will only reach out to short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Warmly, the WoMena Team.