And do you have an interest in international reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for.
We are currently looking to hire a Training and Project Manager to be based in Kampala Uganda for a 12 months full-time position.
The WoMena Uganda Office Team is in charge of successfully introducing MCs and other MHM methods and skills to our target groups. The Training and Project Manager’s role will be build and solidify WoMena Uganda’s Training Programme to develop a participatory quality education and produce expert trainers through providing strategic and managerial oversight of all training activities across projects. The Training and Project Manager will be responsible for quality assurance of deliverables, managing training partnerships, onboarding and management of selected projects. The Training and Project Manager will develop and carry out a structured capacity building programme for the Training Coordinator.
Position title: Training and Project Manager
Reports to: Programme Office Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda (WoMena Uganda Office, Ntinda)
Status: 12 months full-time position
Hours: 40 hours per week, 5 days a week according to WoMena’s official business hours
Remuneration: Gross salary as per contract, other allowances and benefits following WoMena’s policies
Training Programme Management (50%):
- Manage and continuously develop the training programme, workplan and budget; and ensure the approach is aligned with national policies and framework.
- Manage relationship with Government line ministries and other relevant provide quality assurance and M&E of WoMena’s training activities, through an evaluation framework developed in collaboration with the M&E team
- Develop and manage a structured capacity building plan for the Training Coordinator including leadership and management skills and structured capacity building plan for the volunteer trainers
- Support to project managers to develop training plans across projects partnerships, fundraising and grant proposals
- Manage continuous recruitment and internal trainings of training team with support from Training Coordinator
Project Management (25%):
- Lead planning, budgeting, design and implementation of selected projects
- Identify M&E needs for projects and submit regularly to M&E team
- Communicate and coordinate with local and international partners and donors
- Participate in negotiations for new partnerships
- Participate in field visits for purposes of accountability and on spot evaluation of progress
- Participate in relevant workshops and meetings
- Create and adjust specific tools for project, communicate project results and data collection, analysis and reporting
Partnership Management (10%)
- Manage training partnerships and training programmes
- Manage partnerships with those partners to whom WoMena provides training and capacity building services
Monitoring, Reporting & Communications (10%):
- Ensure documentation of training materials including submission of training reports and accountabilities are submitted on good time
- Work together with other project team to evaluate training programme across projects
- Oversee development of training evaluation tools, including testing
- Ensure adequate documentation of training activities and dissemination of WoMena’s training materials and approach for the purpose of raising awareness and funding for WoMena in liaison with communication team
Other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
The Training and Project Manager will be expected to come to the WoMena office on a daily basis and communicate with WoMena colleagues and partners through email, phone calls and online meetings. WoMena Uganda’s Board and partner WoMena Denmark’s members are based in, among other countries: Uganda, Switzerland, Kenya, and Denmark. Most of the current interaction between members currently occurs via Skype, our internal Facebook page and via emails. The Training and Project Manager should provide leadership to the team, be proactive in reaching out to WoMena members and excellent in independently organising his/her work. He/she will be required to participate in or organise regular virtual meetings with relevant WoMena teams/colleagues and will be expected to provide regular updates to the Board members and broader WoMena team where relevant.
- Education: BSc in Public Heath, Development Studies, or similar field. A MSc in any of the required fields will be an added advantage
- Experience with managing training activities and implementation of reproductive health and menstrual health programs
- Experience with implementation of development projects, project management and/or research
- Experience in managing diverse teams and capacity building and having worked in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrates understanding of M&E principles and ability to visually present different types of data and understanding of local setting and context
- Experienced Microsoft Office user, and preferably qualitative and quantitative data analysis software
- Proactive and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented and thrive on working in teams
- Experience in working/living in a development setting independently
- Positive, supportive team player
- Good English communication skills.
Respects and sets an example regarding WoMena Core Competencies:
- Judgement/Decision-making: Proactive, strong problem solver and good at taking initiative to get the job done.
- Planning & organising: Independent planning and prioritisation of tasks.
- Teamwork: Supportive, positive team player, respectful of others work and good at recognizing others achievements.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning: Interested in learning new things to improve own/organisational efficiency.
- Focus on impact & long-term vision: Understands the mission of the organisation and how it relates to each and every task.
- Remuneration: Gross salary of US $650 – 850 commensurate with skills and experience of final applicant. Other allowances and benefits following WoMena’s policies.
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation with a lot of potential.
- Working with a positive, friendly and resourceful team of 60+ men and women from 15+ nationalities, young graduates and seasoned professionals, volunteers and staff, working in Uganda and internationally.
- A lot of possibility for influencing the work and direction of the organisation.
How to apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com addressed to the Executive Director. Please submit your application by 5:00 PM EAT on 13 July, 2018. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), a list of three professional references and one written reference letter.
NOTE: Only soft copy applications will be considered.