And do you have interest in reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for!
To support its current and planned projects, WoMena needs funding and sees many opportunities for partnership with the private sector to create shared value. We are looking for an National Private Sector Fundraising Officer with a flair for creating and utilizing connections with private sector individuals and companies. The NPSFO will strategically target international private sector individuals and companies to support the funding and delivery of WoMena’s work plan.
Position title: National Private Sector Fundraising Officer (NPSFO)
Reports to: Fundraising Manager
Location: Uganda (WoMena based in Denmark and Uganda while most of the work is virtual)
Status: Initially a half year part-time voluntary position Hours: 5-8 hours per week
1. Create and manage connections and relationships with private sector individuals/companies and develop concepts for WoMena fundraising purposes
2. Develop tools to support WoMena fundraising team to more effectively communicate fundraising goals and project information to private sector individuals and companies
3. Support organisation of WoMena’s monthly communications and fundraising meetings (invitations, action points, follow up)
4. Generally support communications and fundraising groups with their work
This and other WoMena positions are purely voluntary – the NPSFO will be expected to cater for his/her own costs in relation to the work. The NPSFO will be expected to communicate with private sector partners through email, phone calls and personal meetings. WoMena is based in Denmark and Uganda while its members are based in, among other countries: Ethiopia, Niger, Mozambique, Switzerland and South Sudan. Most of the current interaction between members currently happens via Skype, our internal Facebook page and mails.
The NPSFO should be proactive in reaching out to WoMena members and excellent in independently organising his/her work. He/she will be required to organise regular virtual meetings with the core fundraising team and will be expected to provide regular updates to the Board members and broader WoMena team where relevant.
- Flair for/experience with creating/sustaining connections and relationships with private sector individuals and companies (e.g. client relations).
- Experience with developing and implementing effective fundraising programs.
- Demonstrated success in building individual donation revenue and programs and/or in securing grants or major donations from philanthropic bodies, government, major donors and the corporate sector.
- Preferably business educational background.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, with a friendly, positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in development, gender and reproductive health and a commitment to WoMena’s philosophy and mission.
- Ugandan nationality.
Applications for the position close Tuesday 22nd December 2015. All applications should be sent via email to email@example.com and include a cover letter and CV. WoMena greatly appreciates the time and energy dedicated to preparing applications and will provide feedback to all applicants.