Then you might be who we are looking for!
WoMena’s Training Team is in charge of successfully training our target groups on menstrual cups and other MHM methods and skills. We are looking for a Training Coordinator whose main role will be to develop WoMena’s training programme and provide strategic oversight, manage, and coordinate the training team and provide quality assurance on its deliverables. The Training Coordinator will also manage selected projects and manage the capacity development of WoMena Trainers.
The Training Coordinator will:
● Manage and coordinate the training team and its activities ensuring coordination between the projects and delegating responsibilities to trainers
● Develop WoMena’s training programme, including the standardisation of our different training formats in consultation with partners, WoMena trainers and the management team
● Oversee menstrual cup and reusable pad distribution and stock management
● Provide quality assurance and M&E of our training activities, through an evaluation framework developed in collaboration with the M&E Officer
● Develop and manage a structured capacity building plan for selected trainers
● Overall responsibility for management of training projects as well as other projects as specified including: project planning, coordination of communication between team members and relevant partners, budget development, management, and reporting
● Ensure the working conditions for trainers are conducive to the organisation’s work, ensure a nice and motivating working atmosphere for the team, cost management.
● Overall training management tools and M&E tools for training
● Capacity development plan for selected trainers
● Monthly training and budget reports
● Tailored training plan, curricula and social marketing plans for selected projects
● Project plans and Project Reports for selected projects
● Written progress updates for bi-monthly meetings with broader WoMena team
● Recruitments for training team
● Any other outputs specified in project plans WoMena offers:
● Remuneration: Gross salary of USD 600 – USD 800 per calendar month payable in Uganda shillings commensurate with skills and experience of final applicant, with scope for increases as the organization grows and as the individual develops and delivers results. Other allowances and benefits following WoMena’s policies.
● An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience with training within an interesting development setting
● High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
● Experience in collaborating with local partner organizations and international organisations as well as our international network of volunteers and staff members
● International network
● A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
● Flexible hours, ability to work from home
Qualifications and skills/What we expect from you:
● Graduate student or graduate with relevant academic background e.g. pedagogy, public health, development studies, social science or similar field
● Experience with teaching, preferably in a developing country context
● Demonstrates understanding of training principles, sound skills in managing and analysing activity evaluations, understanding of local setting and context
● Experienced Microsoft office user
● Experience in and flair for communication
● That you are creative, proactive and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, thrive on working in teams and you have good English communication skills
● Experience in working/living in a development setting independently
● Positive, supportive team player
● 6-12 months contract in Uganda between July 2017–June 2018
Kindly send your motivation letter, CV in English and a list of three professional references including email and phone contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th June 2017.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Warmly, the WoMena Team.