Then you might be who we are looking for!
We are currently looking for a Part-Time, Volunteer Advocacy Officer (5-10 hours per month) to work with our professional, friendly & productive Advocacy team, and help us advocate for sustainable, affordable menstrual cup access in Uganda.
The Advocacy Officer will support the following tasks:
- Inputting to the annual goals & objectives for the Advocacy Team, as well as project advocacy goals;
- Liaising with relevant partners regarding advocacy goals;
- Supporting development of WoMena’s local & national advocacy approach & related tools;
- Supporting communication regarding advocacy between the Uganda Office, the Denmark Projects Team and the Communications team for us to highlight in social media;
- Other interesting tasks as identified & defined by your self & as agreed with Advocacy team & Executive Director (line Manager).
Qualifications & skills
- Graduate or graduate student with relevant academic background in policy, public health, international development or similar field;
- Website management experience;
- Preferably 2-5 years of experience working in Communications;
- Strong analytical and writing skills, experience with information management, excellent written/oral English and communication skills;
- Creative, proactive, flexible and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, strong problem-solving skills, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, and timely delivery of tasks;
- Positive, supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills, thrive on team work.
- Working in a strategic & visionary organisation.
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience.
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks.
- High level of appreciation & understanding around the complexities of fitting volunteer work into your everyday life & flexibility in setting your schedule & volume of work.
- Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organisations.
- International network through WoMena’s diverse team of +80 staff & volunteers from +15 countries.
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment.
- See our news for what previous & current colleagues had to say about working with WoMena!
- As WoMena does a lot of its work virtually, you can be based wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection.
- You will be expected to use your own computer.
- Level of effort estimated around 5-10 hours per month from February 2019.
- Any expenses related to your work will be covered by WoMena.
We will consider candidates on an ongoing basis, and recommend that you submit your application and an updated CV as soon as possible. The job posting will be taken down when we have a qualified candidate. Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability and motivation for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references.
We look forward to receiving your application!