And do you have an interest in international reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for!
We are looking for a Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication Officer (MECO) intern to take the strategic lead in further developing our M&E framework, including our organisational indicators, tools and processes to support WoMena in measuring and evaluating our program and project implementation. This will include using innovative solutions in supporting data collection and management for current and upcoming projects and programmatic activities.
The Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication Officer (MECO) will work on:
- Further develop WoMena’s M&E tools and frameworks in collaboration with key partners and integrate the M&E framework into all projects
- Assisting the training team in establishing quality assurance process to ensure training is delivered to the desired quality
- Analysing M&E data across projects on a monthly basis and flag issues and achievements to management, including writing M&E reports and updates for ongoing projects
- Analyse and use M&E data for internal and external communication purposes
- Planning and supporting data collection and management of monitoring processes for a refugee menstrual health research project as well as several training projects with help and inputs from other WoMena team members
- Provide updates for Facebook, WoMena’s website and other social media channels
- Help develop quarterly newsletters
- Other tasks when needed
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience with Monitoring & Evaluation and Communication within interesting development settings
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
- Experience in collaborating with local and international partner organisations and with our international network of volunteers and staff members
- International network
- A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment
Qualifications and skills
- Graduate student or graduate intern with relevant academic background e.g. public health, international relations, development studies, social science or similar field
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection, preferably in a developing country context
- Demonstrates understanding of M&E principles and techniques, sound skills in managing and analysing data, ability to systematically arrange and visually present different types of data, understanding of local setting and context. Experienced M&E candidates are desired
- Experienced Microsoft office user, and preferably qualitative and quantitative data analysis software
- Experience in and flair for communication including, but not limited to social media
- Strong analytical and report writing skills, experience with information management, excellent written/oral English and communication skills
- Creative, proactive and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, strong problem-solving skills, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, and timely delivery of tasks
- Experience in working/living in a development setting independently
- Positive, supportive team player, strong interpersonal skills and thrive on working in teams
- 6-12 months internship in Uganda from January 2018
- Interns are expected to cover their own travel, visa and living expenses, while WoMena will cover all project-related expenses.
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com.
Please submit your application by 5:00 PM EAT on 5th December 2017. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV), and a list of three professional references.