Do you have interest in international reproductive health? Then you might be who we are looking for.
We are currently looking for 1 intern/volunteer to support our communication and fundraising efforts in Uganda. The main tasks will involve research, project management, training and advocacy. The volunteer(s) will also be involved in planned activities by WoMena and/or its partners. The interns/volunteers will receive support from the WoMena team and will generally work in teams, but will have a high level of responsibility in terms of decision-making and making things happen on the ground. WoMena is therefore looking for a person who can take a proactive approach to finding solutions and is able and willing to work independently.
- An opportunity to get hands-on experience with communication and fundraising in Uganda.
- High level of responsibility and influence on the above.
- Experience collaborating with local partner organizations and international cooperation.
- International network.
What we expect from you:
- Graduate student or graduate volunteer with relevant academic background e.g. public health, international relations, development studies, social science, or medicine.
- Experience with implementation of (development) projects, project management and/or research.
- That you are proactive and good at working independently, result- and solution-oriented, thrive on working in teams and you have good English communication skills.
- 3-6 months internship with field work in Uganda within the months of February – July 2017
- Volunteers/Interns are expected to cover their travel and living expenses, while WoMena will cover all project-related expenses.
Kindly send your motivation letter and CV in English to email@example.com by 20 January 2017.
We look forward to receiving your application!