Do you have documented success in fundraising and an interest in promoting menstrual health in a development context? Then you might be who we are looking for!
Since 2015, WoMena has successfully secured funding from international grants, embassies, private individuals & associations including CARE International, NORAD, GIZ, Plan International. Currently, we are looking for a new fundraising officer with a documented track record for successful fundraising, especially in from private individuals and companies, and a flair for communication of results. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the fundraising officer will participate in the organisations fundraising work in collaboration with the virtually based volunteer fundraising team and the full-time programme staff on ground in Uganda where there is room for thinking outside the box and where creativity is value. This will include defining strategies, identifying opportunities, as well as pitching WoMena’s investment case.
The fundraising officer will conduct the following activities:
- Further defining and operationalising our fundraising strategy
- Identifying well-matched funding opportunities in private sector
- Connecting with private sector partners
- Developing applications and creating presentation materials
- Planning and carrying out pitches to high profile people
- Working in a strategic and visionary organisation
- An opportunity to get strong hands-on experience with communication, presentations strategies and pitching.
- High level of responsibility and influence on your tasks
- International network
- An international, dedicated and friendly team
- The Fundraising Officer position is a paid position and remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience
Qualifications and skills:
- Documented success Graduate student with a relevant academic background e.g. communication, international relations, social science or similar fields
- Flair for pitching ideas and communication complex data
- Track record on the success of fundraising activities
- Demonstrates an understanding of communication principles and techniques, skills in precise communication
- Familiar with the menstrual health intervention programs
- Creative, proactive, conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, and timely delivery of tasks
- Stable Internet connection
- Open-minded and outgoing personality
- It is a remote position
- It is expected that you can participate in our monthly fundraising meetings
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to send their application via email to email@example.com. The application must include: one page cover letter explaining your suitability for the position; Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English; previous proposal samples; and a list of three professional references. Closing date is 5:00 p.m 15th November, 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application!