We are looking for an experienced Volunteer Fundraising Manager to support our current and planned projects.
The Volunteer Fundraising Manager will volunteer to grow and sustain WoMena’s revenue to support the delivery of our work plan by developing and implementing our fundraising strategy: in the first stage through crowd funding and grant applications – and in the next stage by developing and nurturing partnerships with donors.
- Identification and acquisition of grants and major donations from philanthropic bodies, government departments, individual donors and the corporate sector.
- Developing existing and new fundraising products, initiatives and events.
- Developing and delivering WoMena’s Fundraising Strategy.
- Acquisition and retention of individual donors.
- Donor relations and management.
Primary tasks and responsibilites:
1. Philanthropic/government grants
- Identify, prepare and secure grants from philanthropic bodies and government departments to support specific WoMena campaigns, projects and organisational needs.
2. Crowdfunding/individual donors
- Plan and implement WoMena’s first crowd funding project in close collaboration with our Business Communications Officer, Photographer/ Documentarist and fundraising team.
- Work with the Business Communications Officer and Photographer/ Documentarist to develop a strategic approach to thesupporter experience, i.e. the WoMena story.
- Undertake other direct marketing campaigns for individual donors.
3. Major donors/high gifts
- Research, identify and cultivate relationships with prospective new individual major donors to secure high level donations and increase this revenue stream.
- Work with the Business Communications Officer and Business Development Officer to undertake major donor recruitment events.
- Develop WoMena’s fundraising/marketing strategy in close collaboration with the Business Communication Officer.
4. Fundraising materials, communications and events
- Identify needs (e.g. website/social media improvements, publications, video, online communications, mailing materials) to support WoMena fundraising activities.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team in the development of fundraising materials.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team in the development and delivery of fundraising events.
5. Monitoring and reporting
- Provide progress updates against the delivery of fundraising activities and income targetsand against the overall Fundraising Strategy to the WoMena President and Board.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of individual fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain and develop donor and customer relations management systems to support fundraising activities, including supporter database segmentation and management.
Working conditions: WoMena is based in Denmark with an office in Kampala, Uganda. Its members and volunteers are based in, among other countries: Ethiopia, Uganda, Niger, Mozambique, Switzerland and South Sudan. Most of the current interaction between members currently happens via Skype, our internal Facebook page and emails. The Volunteer Fundraising Manager should be proactive in reaching out to WoMena members and excellent in independently organising his/her work. S/he will be required to organise regular virtual meetings with the core fundraising team and will be expected to provide regular updates to the Board members and broader WoMena team where relevant. The position is on a voluntary basis.
We wish that you have:
- Experience with developing and implementing effective fundraising programs.
- Demonstrated success in building individual donation revenue and programs and/or in securing grants or major donations from philanthropic bodies, government, major donors and the corporate sector.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, with a friendly, positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Interest in development, gender and reproductive health and a commitment to WoMena’s philosophy and mission.
Applications for the position close Tuesday the 25th of August 2015. All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter and CV.